Practice Areas


Help for Difficult Legal Problems

Help for Difficult Legal Problems

Whether you need a zealous defense against a criminal charge or assistance with a difficult child custody dispute, Greenberg Law can help. I am Elena Greenberg, owner of Greenberg Law, and I help clients in the Greater Des Moines area with a wide range of family law, criminal defense and related legal problems.

As a Des Moines child support attorney and criminal defense lawyer, I will listen as you tell me your situation in a confidential setting, explain your rights and options to you, and aggressively protect your interests. When I need to, I will be a fierce advocate for you in the courtroom and elsewhere, but I will also pursue alternative resolutions if they better meet your needs.

Quality Representation for Family Law, Criminal Defense & More

Greenberg Law is a general practice firm that serves clients in the following areas of law:

Family law: I can represent you in family law matters, including contested or uncontested divorce, child custody and visitation disputes, custody modifications, child support matters, including modification and contempt of court proceedings, and disestablishment.

Adoption: I assist with adoptions, including stepparent adoptions and grandparent adoptions.

Juvenile law: If you or your child needs representation for a child in need of assistance (CINA) case or juvenile defense, I will represent you.

Criminal defense: I can represent you if you are charged with domestic violence, driving while barred/suspended, OWI/DUI/DWI, drug possession (contraband, paraphernalia, prescription drugs), theft, assault and other charges. I represent clients charged with misdemeanors, serious misdemeanors, aggravated misdemeanors and felonies.

Administrative law: If you have been placed on Iowa’s Child Abuse Registry, I will represent you in an appeal of the placement.

Appellate practice: I perform appellate work. If you have a final judgment on a case that you think is unjust or erroneous, I can represent you through the appeals process.

Elena M. Greenberg is a former assistant attorney general in the Iowa Child Support Recovery Unit with the knowledge and skills to provide you with quality legal services.

Polk County Adoption Attorney

I offer reasonable, transparent fees. Ask me about a flat fee if you need an uncontested divorce and no children are involved. To schedule your free initial consultation for a family law need or another kind of legal problem, call 515-635-5298 or contact me online.